I’m Saif Mahmud. I am a research assistant at Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics Lab, Independent University, Bangladesh. I am also working as a Software Engineer at Tiger IT Bangladesh Limited. My research interests lie in the intersection of machine learning, natural language processing and pattern recognition. Currently, I am working on attention mechanism-based approaches for human activity recognition from wearable sensor data. My research works are supervised by Dr. Amin Ahsan Ali and Dr. A K M Mahbubur Rahman. I received my bachelor's degree in computer science and engineering from the University of Dhaka.
Outside of work, I love reading books. In fact, I am kind of a bibliophile. Though I read both fiction and non-fiction, I have a keen interest in non-fiction on politics, history and economics.
- June 2020: Joined Tiger IT Bangladesh Limited as Software Engineer in Machine Learning Research and Development team.
- March 2020: Started working on 'Rehabilitation of Post-Stroke Paralysis Using Three-Dimensional Kinect and Wearable Sensors' project funded by ICT Division, Government of Bangladesh
- February 2020: Joined Therap Services LLC as Machine Learning Engineer
- February 2020: Started working at Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics Lab, Independent University Bangladesh as Research Assistant
- January 2020: Paper on self-attention based human activity recognition accepted at ECAI 2020
- January 2020: Successfully defended my undergraduate thesis!
- September 2019: Started working on a collaborative project of University of Dhaka and Ghent University, Belgium for machine learning approach based electoral violence data analysis and visualization funded by IFES
University of Dhaka
B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering, CGPA 3.89 (On a scale of 4.00)
January 2016 - January 2020
Artificial Intelligence and Cybernetics Lab
Independent University, Bangladesh
February 2020 - Present
Tiger IT Bangladesh Limited
June 2020 - Present
Associate Machine Learning Engineer
February 2020 - June 2020
- Saif Mahmud, M. Tanjid Hasan Tonmoy, Kishor Kumar Bhaumik, A K M
Ashraful Amin, Mohammad Shoyaib, Muhammad Asif Hossain Khan, Amin Ahsan Ali, Human
Activity Recognition from Wearable Sensor Data Using Self-Attention in Proceedings of the 24th
European Conference on Artificial Intelligence‚ ECAI 2020, Santiago de Compostela‚ Spain‚ June
8–12‚ 2020. IOS Press. 2020.
- Md Nazmul Haque, M. Tanjid Hasan Tonmoy, Saif Mahmud, Amin Ahsan Ali,
Muhammad Asif Hossain Khan, and Mohammad Shoyaib. GRU-based Attention
Mechanism for Human Activity Recognition In 2019 1st International Conference on Advances in
Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology
(ICASERT), pp. 1-6. IEEE, May 2019.